Green Space Preschool Traverse City
Where every child gets a healthy start
Nature based hands on Learning
Highly trained and certified teachers
Organic plant based nutritious snacks and meal service
Non toxic toys and a nature based environment
Conscious Discipline curriculum combined with a Waldorf style early childhood curriculum
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
Organic Farm to table
Two organic, healthy plant based snacks and lunch will be provided daily.
Free from food dyes, processed seed oils, and highly foods.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
Children will eat together as a group with their teacher, expressing gratitude for the food and learning essential social skills – like sharing and table manners – supports healthy eating habits, digestion, and organ development.
Hands on learning
Sensory based activities, open ended play and nature inspired activities will all be staples in our learning environment. At Green Space Preschool nature trail hikes and woods exploration are a staple of the children day!
Following their own initiative, the children imagine and play with a variety of natural materials and playthings. Or, they may choose to help the teacher prepare the snack, sew, clean, or make toys.
A child's love of reading – and ability to concentrate – begins with having a story told to them. Each day before Nap time, your children will gather together to hear stories filled with wonder and imagination.
Highly qualified staff and teachers
All teachers are state certified. Highly trained and well equipped to help your children grow at their own individual pace.
Music becomes a soothing influence, often used for transitioning children from one activity to another. This fosters musical appreciation and participation as children sing throughout the day. At Green Space Preschool our staff is well trained on a variety of musical tools to engage your children and spark creativity.
At Green Space Preschool Children will be have the opportunity to learn Spanish! Twice a week children will be immersed in our Spanish program further with a goal of having students be bilingual by the time they graduate Green Space Preschool!
Six key elements of Waldorf Curriculum
1. The structured and supported use of play in our Early Childhood Curriculum is a strong foundation for your child's future academic success. Throughout play children develop their creative thinking, problem solving, and social skills through their imaginative interactions.
2. Ample time and space is given for joyful creative play and imagination.
3. Established constant rhythms and daily routines that promote health, security, and trust.
4. Engage children in real life activities that evoke reverence for the wonders of the world.
5. Well trained and accredited teachers who are committed to self-development and collaboration in community with others.
6. Conscious Discipline sets your child up for success using teachable moment techniques. Our goal is to equip children with the social-emotional and communication skills needed to manage themselves, resolve conflict, and develop healthy behavior skills.
The Waldorf method emphasizes imaginative play, art and creative activities, music, storytelling, authentic handwork, and honoring the rhythms of the seasons and of life. The preschool years are recognized to be a special time in the development of the child.
Our literacy-rich, play-based early childhood program provides children the opportunity to play and work and explore their world in an unhurried environment. The main emphasis is placed on developing imagination and creative thinking skills, rather than early exposure to academic content.
Daily circle time includes movement, poetry and singing.
Teachers tell nature stories and folk and fairy tales from around the world.
Children experience artistic activities such as watercolor painting, drawing, modeling with clay, music and movement.
Other activities may include gardening, woodworking, food preparation and sewing.
Through the example of the teacher, the students develop social skills and reverence for the world around them.